23 December 2011

Open Spaces

Each year I find it hard to believe how quickly the days in December disappear - this year is no exception.  One of the benefits of living in New Zealand is that we are enjoying summer, and can spend the Christmas and New Year holidays at the beach.
I get a lot of my inspiration and ideas when I'm outside, and I've long since given up sitting in front of my laptop if I'm having difficulty writing a scene.  It's amazing what some exercise, fresh air and different scenery can do for the imagination.
In this season of presents I'm giving myself a gift - a short break from writing, and permission not to feel guilty about it. 
I'm excited about two writing projects I have, but I also think it's important to have a break.  It doesn't have to be long, but some rest time is important, and the writing benefits from that.
Happy Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment