19 November 2012

Authors Tagging Authors

As I live like a hermit a lot of the time, I’m always thrilled to be chosen to take part in anything, and this is The Next Big Thing: Authors Tagging Authors.  I was tagged by Di Jones who wrote Transplanting Holly Oakwood.

What's involved? Answer the questions below and tag a set of authors. So here goes…

What is the working title of your book?
If you read this blog regularly you’ll know I find titles difficult, and generally I’ve finished the first draft before coming up with a title, which is exactly where I am with the current work in progress. It’s only had a name for a month or so, but I’m pretty happy with it - Lies of the Dead.

Where did the idea come from for the book?
I wanted to write a book with two possible storylines – think Mapping the Edge or the film Sliding Doors.  The main character is Liam, however all through my initial thinking period it was Tom’s voice (Liam’s brother), which kept coming through in the scenes. The dual storyline wouldn’t work with Tom as the POV character, and so I’ve put that idea away for a future novel, but I'm happy with the way the story is moving.

What genre does your book fall under?
Thriller/mystery

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Now that’s a hard question as I read a lot more books than I watch films, but here goes…

The story revolves around the character Liam, although we find out more about him through the other characters, but I guess in a film version they’d do more flashbacks. Ryan Gosling would make a good Liam.

Tom is Liam’s brother and I think Jake Gyllenhaal would do an excellent job playing the role. Tom is a nice guy, but during the novel has to take on people and events way out of his comfort zone, and I think Jake would cover off those changes in character well.

Andi is Tom and Liam’s sister, and is a feisty character. Emily Blunt would do a fantastic job.

And for the authors I’ve tagged – have a look at their websites and books.




No comments:

Post a Comment